
My grandmother passed away early this morning. She had just turned 94 years old on June 1st. She was the best grandma ever. As much as I am happy for her today, I am so sad for me. I will miss her dearly. I grew up just 1/3 mile from her, so I have many, many memories of her. In the summertime, I would ride my bike to her house for breakfast. We spent every Christmas at her house while I was growing up. She was the strongest, most independent woman. My grandfather passed away 60 years ago, when she was just 34, leaving her to raise their 4 children alone. She had so many friends and her family was always there for her, because they wanted to be. On Sunday afternoons, the extended family would gather at her house in the afternoon to visit and eat treats she had made earlier in the week. She would always come to see me play sports, or whatever else I was doing. When Mark and I got married, she came out to Utah with us to be there. She loved her trip out West. I have been thinking of her all day, trying to imagine what her reunion in heaven was like today. My sister and I both agree that our grandfather had better have been there with a huge bouquet of roses. I will be eternally grateful for having her a part of my life on this earth, for raising such a wonderful daughter, who in turn was a wonderful mother to me. I will miss you Gram, and I will do your temple work as soon as the year is up.

1 comment:
Ok Lis, I just logged on and hadn't seen your post about Gram. I'm sitting here w/tears running down my face. What a wonderful tribute to Gram!
Post a Comment