Wow! Where is July going? We have been enjoying many afternoons in the backyard swimming in the pool and swinging on the swings. This past week, we have been going to softball and tennis tournaments for Meaghan and Nicolle respectively. Meg's softball team won 1st place (and Meaghan caught a pop fly and had some great hits) and Nicolle earned 2nd place in singles in tennis. (She and her doubles partner might need a little more practice!) It has been a great week for both of them. Gregg has been a trooper and has very cheerfully attended most events. His big thing this past week has been running! He is training for a 1.5 mile race in August. So far he has been able to run it in a little over 14 minutes. I believe I have finally found a sport that he loves, is good at, and puts his stubborn streak to good use!!!!! Alexa, being 21 months has sometimes endured the busyness with good cheer, and has sometimes let us know in no uncertain terms that she has had ENOUGH! Her big news for the week is her pierced ears. She thinks she is sooo pretty. Of course, we all tell her how pretty her new earrings look. I will be up early tomorrow to run 10 miles in preparation for my 1/2 marathon at the end of August, so I will post pictures tomorrow. It is always nice to fall into bed completely exhausted after a fun summer day!

3 comments:
Hey Guys! Love hearing about all your accomplishments. I'd love to see you play tennis Nicolle! You've gotten taller since February! Meg-I wish you and Sage lived in the same town, you could play on the same team this next year. Gregg, you definitely run faster than your Aunt Vicki!!! Alexa, my little babycakes, don't you give your momma a hard time!
Okay Melissa, I am laughing my head off and being incredibly jealous at the same time. . .I read your "fall into bed" and then happened to see the post time. . .LOVE IT! Three more weeks, then I am going to start being the bed natzi, gotta prep for the real world of 8 am school. Oh, btw, love the pic of Mark and Alexia, so sweet!
I am just sitting here wondering if I could run a mile and a half in 14 minutes....
Meg's pop fly catch should have been the ESPN highlight of the day...either that or you and I jumping out of our chairs screaming. I know our husbands loved that one.
Post a Comment