Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Girls Camp






Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to attend girls camp-for the very first time. What made it even better is it was Meaghan's first year at camp also so we got to go together. There were 13 girls and 4 leaders in all. We had the best time. I love the other leaders I work with and after spending 3 days and 3 nights with the 13 girls, I love all of them also. We spent the time in my in-laws cabin in Island Park. Thank you Max and Linda for being so gracious to let us stay there. We spent the first night in West Yellowstone at the Playmill Theatre. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. (And I got to eat my bag of jelly bellies all by myself!!!) The next day we spent making journals in the morning and then playing in the water at Macks Inn in the afternoon. That night we ate around the campfire and sang songs and laughed even more. The girls all made up the funniest skits. The next day we took the girls on a 5-mile hike. They did so good. I was so impressed at how they helped each other cross the river several times and were always checking to make sure everyone was there and O.K. That night our bishop and 1st counselor in the stake presidency came up and talked to us and then the girls shared their testimonies. Can I say again, what an amazing group of girls. I wish I had been that grounded at their age. It was so fun to watch Meg laugh and play with these wonderful girls and to watch the older girls take her under their wing. All in all, my first time at girls camp was a huge success.

4 comments:

The Duguay Family said...

Meg-

Love the t-shirt of Albion!

Love, Aunt Vicki

Steph Choate said...

It sounds like it was a great mother/daughter bonding experience. I love reading your blogs and seeing the pics!

the mows said...

Way to go Melissa! I found your blog on the Birds Blog and thought I would check it out. You guys have had a busy summer--I bet you can't wait for dance to start up! HA HA! Enjoy the rest of the break and tell your girls Hi!

Sarah said...

Melissa....I didn't know you were a blogger too! So fun!