It is hard to believe that 3 years have come and gone. Yet at the same time, I can't remember life without Alexa as part of it. She is such a fun girl. I love the look in her eye when she is teasing me...there is a sparkle there and then when she is ready, she will burst out into a huge laugh. I love it when she sweetly will say to me, "I love you, momma!" Or, I will give her something she has asked for and she says in her cute little voice, "Thank you." It makes all the other "times" worthwhile!
Alexa wanted chocolate cake for her birthday so I made her my family's recipe for Sour Cream Chocolate Cake....very yummy. I decorated with hot pink frosting to go with the brown chocolate frosting. And she chose mint chocolate chip ice cream to go with it. She was very spoiled with presents from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends. Most days really revolve around Alexa...but it was fun to make her birthday extra special for her!

1 comment:
Happy late B-Day, Alexa!! Looks like it was a fun day and the chocolate cake looks tasty. I'd love your recipe! What a doll Alexa is, she's beautiful just like the rest of the Collards!
Post a Comment