Thursday, October 22, 2009
Jaxson's 1st birthday
Wow, a whole year has come and gone! I can't believe my little man is one! His birthday was on the 9th...not sure why I have waited so long to post pictures....maybe there is a little part of me in denial that my baby is one. I know a lot of people can't wait for that first year to end, but I LOVE the first 12 months...I LOVE having a baby to snuggle with. And to be quite honest, I love that there is no disipline involved. Just feed, change, play with, and love, love, love! But, Jaxson is so much fun now that he can walk around so I am looking forward to what is coming also. I went to McDonalds the other day and Jax played for over an hour at the playplace and had so much fun. That part is fun too...and I look forward to Jaxson and Alexa playing together.
We enjoyed a pretty quiet day at home for Jaxson's big day. We did get him a basketball hoop that goes in his bedroom for his birthday. He picked up the ball and headed right for the basket to put it in...no need to show this boy what to do with a basketball. Taren, his birthmom would be proud! She was/is a phenomenal bball player and both she and Mark and I hope Jaxson will be too! Mark is so tired of going to gymnasiums to watch girls dance..he is hoping he will eventually be able to watch one of the boys play basketball instead!
In the evening, Marks family came over for pizza and cake and ice cream. We gave Jax his own cake...chocolate because we have found he loves chocolate! The only problem is he hates to be sticky....he was pretty disgusted by his hands getting full of frosting. He took a bite, but mainly was just miserable until we cleaned him up. He is a lazy eater...he wants me to feed him everything so he doesn't have to touch it.
Jaxson got a cool motorized 4-wheeler from his grandparents and fun trucks from his aunts. Of course he had to get some clothes too! And lots of money from relatives far away. Definitely a spoiled boy! My parents give all of my kids money for their birthday and a savings bond to go towards college tuition. I love it...it keeps the kids focused on getting an education and reminds them that it will be partially paid for when they do go.
I took Jaxson to the doctor right after his birthday. He weighs 25# 11 oz....he is 85th percentile for height and weight. The good news is, Alexa beat him by 1 pound....of course she is only 13th percentile for weight!
All in all, it was a great birthday! Happy Birthday my little man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a handsome guy! I can't believe he's 1!!! You really have gorgeous kids!!! Looks like a fun birthday and, wow, the money and savings bond is a great idea. That will help several years down the line, huh?? By the way, I was cracking up at Jaxson not wanting to be sticky...my little Kaleb is so much like that, he can't even stand playing in the mud because of it. Drives me crazy sometimes but he does stay clean so I guess that is nice. This summer I actually got down and played in the mud with him just to show him how fun it was and he just looked at me like I was crazy. Have fun!
How Fun!! I can't believe that Jaxson is already 1 !! That flew by so fast. He is such a cute little guy! Glad you had a fun day for him on his Special Day!!
He's so cute!I'm amazed how quickly time has passed by. They are so fun to watch...it's amazing how much they pick up on. OH and Jolie did the same thing with her cake then she screamed and wiped it in her hair. I think she'll do better this year!
I can't believe Jaxson is 1! I had a more difficult time with Nathan's 2nd birthday because that's when the baby is really gone!! Nathan weighed 22 pounds at his 2 year appointment! :)
Post a Comment