Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Here are the Collard kids on Halloween-aren't they just the best kids-I love them sooo much! I love being their mom-it is truly the best job I could ever ask for.
Meaghan and a group of her friends decided to dress up as boys. They chose to be football players. This was Meg's first year not trick-or-treating, so she had 6 friends over for a party instead. They were required to first pass out Halloween candy to the trick-or-treaters so that both Mark and I could take Gregg and Alexa around the neighborhood. (Jaxson joined us in the sling!) After doing that they were rewarded with pizza, games, hot chocolate and donuts and whatever else it is that girls find to giggle about until 11:00pm.
Nicolle was Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia. Her favorite part was being allowed to wear makeup! She and her friend Anika went around the neighborhood by themselves for the first time. They then came back to the house to join Meg and her friends for the party.
Gregg loves Star Wars so this year he was a Clone Trooper from the new Clone Wars movie that came out in August. He was very tough!
Alexa really enjoyed Halloween this year. She loved being a kitty cat, or a 'Meow' as she calls all cats. She wore her costume to Gregg and Nicolle's school for their parade and was very proud of herself walking around the neighborhood getting her treats.
Here is little man in his "I want my MUMMY!" halloween shirt. He wasn't at all impressed with the festivities. It was a little too loud and chaotic for him.
Last Sunday afternoon, Mark helped the kids carve their pumpkins. They had a blast! Gregg was excited to use a knife-scary! Meaghan and Nicolle did a good job taking care of most of it themselves. And Alexa.....she sat on the table and thoroughly enjoying scooping out all of the pumpkin guts with her hands. When it was all out, she reached into the trash to put it back in the pumpkin...so then she could take it out again. I'm not sure how long this would have entertained her as we eventually had to get the rest of the pumpkin carved. Anyway, here are the end results! (And of course Mark took care of Jaxson's!)

2 comments:

The Duguay Family said...

Meg- Chase wanted to know who the boy was!!! So you're costume was a success! You look very cool (too outdated of a term???)

Nicolle - Very creative costume, Mom filled me in on the details of it. Did you have fun trick o'treating?

Love, Aunt Vicki

Lorraine said...

Oh man! My TJ wanted to be a clone trooper so bad this year, but everything together ended up being too expensive. Maybe I will have to splurge next year. He ended up being Darth Vader instead, but he has already asked to be the trooper next year. I had better start saving up!!!