As all children do, Alexa has pulled some funny things this past week. One day last week she and I were talking about being a big girl. (Meaning she had to stop wearing pull-ups and start wearing her panties again.) To clue you in....Alexa was 90% potty trained when Jaxson was born, but immediately decided she wanted to be a baby like him and went right back to diapers and pullups. Anyway, she agreed that when the kids go back to school after vacation she would be a big girl again. Later that afternoon, around 430pm she was playing in her room for about 20 minutes. Fast forward to 630pm...we are all at Taco Bell for dinner (Mark had City Council so the kids and I go out to dinner on those nights)...I look over at Alexa and notice she is totally wet and can't figure out if she spilled her pop or what. Then I lift up her shirt and realize she has panties on. Apparently when she was in her room, she took her jeans and pull-up off, (threw her pull-up in the trash), put panties on and put her jeans back on...without me being any wiser. Apparently she was going to be a big girl for a couple of short hours!
Her other funny last week...
Our conversation was like this:
Mommy: Alexa, Mommy is the boss.
Alexa: No, I boss
Mommy: No, Mommy is the boss
Alexa: Gregg boss
Mommy: No, Mommy is the boss
Alexa: Nicolle boss
..I think you get the picture. She wasn't about to admit that I am the boss. Her little attitude has been getting her trouble and I have been trying to teach her that even though she doesn't like it, I really am in charge!!!
A couple of days later she was being a naughty 2 year old in my laundry room and I very sternly scolded her and told her to leave the laundry room. She very haughtily leaves the laundry room, stomping her feet and looks at me and says, "Mommy boss."
It is a good thing she is so cute, because some days she can really drive me crazy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment