Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is almost here!

Wow, I can hardly believe that it is almost Christmas. The older 3 kids got out of school last Friday....yay, they have over 2 weeks of vacation this year. Gregg had his last basketball game on Saturday (I'll post a picture when I have time to upload it.) Yesterday the 5 kids and I ran to Pocatello to take Jaxson to his doctor's appointment and finish up some last minute shopping. Nicolle wanted to get a few presents for her friends so we stopped by Claire's at the mall. I wanted to buy a book to read over the holidays, (not that I will actually have a chance to read it, but just in case, haha!) Jaxson weighs 14 pounds 2 ounces and is 24 inches putting him in the 75th percentile for his weight and height. The doctor said he looks great but told me his right eye is having trouble tracking and is a little lazy. I felt a little dumb because I hadn't even noticed.... He just told me I could wait until 4 months and see what happens or I could make an appointment with the opthamalagist. I am going to make and appointment because I don't like to worry. Hopefully it will be no big deal. And just for the record I still can't tell what the doctor is talking about...his eye looks normal to me, but I totally love my pediatrician so I trust him. Today the kids and I are making a few Christmas treats: chocolate steamed pudding (Meaghan's request), peanut blossoms (Gregg's request) and chocolate fudge (Meg and Nicolle's request.) Tomorrow we are going to make eclairs (Nicolle's request) I will also bake a pie for Mark because pies are his favorite although he would never ask me to make something for him because he knows how busy I am! I hope you are all enjoying your holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: