Sunday, February 8, 2009

Put on your big girl panties...

I was at church today and my good friend Toni, who is our Young Womens president pulls me aside to show me this sign she bought this week. It says..."Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!" I laughed and laughed - it was exactly what I needed on my fridge this week. We have had the crap at our house...sick in bed, ear infections, puking, snotty noses, fevers...pretty much whatever someone can get, we had at our house. I usually don't get sick and I was in bed right along with some of the kids. Poor Mark had to play Mom and Dad. We even had Meaghan and Nicolle stay home from school one day to help with the little two because I was of little use. So by the end of the week, I was feeling sorry for myself...which of course did so much good, NOT. Well, tomorrow starts a new week, we aren't completely better, but we are all getting out of bed these days and Mark leaves for Vegas tomorrow and won't be home until Thursday afternoon, so....I had better put on my big girl panties and deal with it! Because no one else is going to!!!!!

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

That is too funny! Leave it up to Toni to find something like that! :) Hope your week goes okay without your hubby around....always hard! AT least you have 2 big helpers there for you!

Lorraine said...

Oh, I hope you all are feeling tons better now. I guess it's good that it didn't all happen when your husband was gone though. Sometimes I need that sign for MY house too!!

Cindy said...

Man, I laughed out loud when I read that...too funny. But, I am so sorry you had the yuckies for so long. It's not a good thing when mommy gets sick, good for Mark for taking over. Hope you are all doing better and back in the swing of things.