Friday, September 12, 2008

Denver in August

The first week of August found us driving to Denver to visit family.  My Aunt Mimi (my dad's sister) and her family live there and one of my cousins was getting married.  We stayed in a hotel with family from Maine, Texas, Nevada and Vermont.  It was so very fun.  The wedding was a Jewish wedding, which was a new experience for all of us.  My kids had a ball dancing at the reception.  After attending lots of "Mormon" receptions, they couldn't believe how much fun a wedding reception could be.  Nicolle's comment was, "Boy, people in Denver really know how to party!"  I told her that was just her Italian relatives.
My parents, my sisters family and my brother were all there and it was great to see them.  We went to a Denver Rockies game, took several day trips, and spent a lot of time in the sun swimming in the pool.  I'm sure when I am suffering through the Idaho winter this year, I will remember the pool with great fondness.
The downside to the trip was Mark leaving after a few days to fly home, but someone has to work so we can play and spend money!  Alexa and Gregg also caught some sort of flu which kept them near a bathroom for a couple of days, but hey, what is a vacation without some minor troubles.  After a week of fun, it was time to drive home.  I was dreading driving the 11 hours home by myself with the 4 kids, but I was being watched over because it went without a hitch.  

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about the wedding receptions. When my brother got married, it was such a fun party that I was afraid my kids would decide they didn't want to get married in the temple, either. I think 'Mormon' receptionsa re getting better all the time though!