We finally made it to race day. I ran my 1/2 marathon and Gregg and Meaghan ran their 1.5 mile race. Gregg did awesome running it in just under 14 minutes. Meaghan and I have had better days, but are glad we trained and reached our goal of completing the race. Honestly, I have never been so tired in my life as when I crossed the finish line-even when I ran a full marathon I wasn't as tired as this race. Either I am getting old, or it just wasn't a good running day. Since I won't admit to the first part of that, I am going to assume it just wasn't a good running day. I finished the race in 2:06, but was hoping for under 2 hours. Maybe next time. Meaghan and I have decided to run some 5K's together next summer. I am actually quite afraid it won't take long before her long stride can beat mine. It will be something to look forward to.
I am the happy mother to Meaghan (13), Nicolle (11), Gregg (9), Alexa (3) and Jaxson (1). I love being a stay-at-home mom. Mark is a wonderful dad and husband and together we own a furniture store. Mark does all the work at the store, the other 6 of us spend the money!!! I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently serve in Young Women's which is great because Meaghan gets to go with me. I love my Savior and am grateful for His sacrifice so that I can enjoy all that I do and have. I truly enjoy each day that I am blessed with.
No comments:
Post a Comment