Sunday, January 25, 2009

Alexa's new purse????

When we were picking out names for Alexa, Mark's favorite name was a boys name and I was adamant that she was going to be "all-girl" and therefore needed a completely girl name, so we obviously decided on a girly name. (Who knows if it was a good choice or not, but it is hers now!) Anyway, we were at Rupe's the other night (a local burger place, which by the way has the best burgers and fries with fry sauce so if you ever visit Blackfoot, I will take any of you there...) so we were sitting there and Alexa was eating one of my onion rings and had eaten the batter off from the top of one and then hooked the onion onto her little crooked finger. I am watching her at this point because I could see she was thinking something interesting and was not thinking about eating the onion ring. After about 20 seconds of looking at it, she gets a big grin and says, "Mama, look...purse" and you know what, it did look just like a miniature purse. I immediately had two thoughts. One, what an awesome imagination this little two year old has, and two, WHAT A GIRL! So, was Alexa meant to be a girlie-girl, or have we encouraged her to be one? Not sure the answer to that, but she does keep life bright and sunshiny!

No comments: