Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Wow, it's a miracle!
I feel a little guilty that I can't take my older kids and do some of the things we have always done over the holidays and winter. They have asked me several times to take them ice skating and I just don't know how to do that with a 3 month old and a very active, slightly disobedient 2 year old! But, yesterday they had the day off from school so I told them we were going to the movies to see Hotel for Dogs. This is something we can do because when Alexa can't stand it anymore, we just walk around the movie theatre while the movie finishes. (Ok, maybe while the movie starts and finishes, lol) Meg does a great job taking care of Nicolle and Gregg, and really, popcorn and candy are great babysitters!! Well, yesterday we went and Miss Alexa made it through the whole movie-YAY! Jaxson slept through the first half, then just chilled during the last 30-45 minutes. I never even had to get him out of his car seat. I fed him a bottle and flipped his seat around so he could see the movie screen, talked to him every now and then and held his hand and he was as good as gold. So, every now and then when I feel I am failing as a parent, something works out good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yea, movies are great with kids!! We actually tried to go to that movie yesterday, but couldn't get in--so we went to bride wars--and it didn't keep the kids' attention all too well!! 15 potty breaks later, you wonder why your there! oh well!
Your family is beautiful!! take care!
That is so lucky! My last movie experience "Bolt" was a nightmare with Jolie. It's just hit and miss. I'm glad you got to have a good time!
Good for you! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm actually looking forward to the day that all my kids are old enough to do something fun together that we all enjoy instead of always having to divide up. I'm not complaining by the way, it's just the phase we're in. Also, you asked why I went private, I just felt like I needed to for some reason, there are just a lot of crazies out there that I can't trust. Hey, let me know if you have any trouble viewing my blog now that it is private.
I know what you mean. I feel like I NEVER get to do anything fun with Cam and Austin because of all the babies! Luckily Micah watches the babies every now and then so I can do some stuff with them! Yay for a movie out! Always good times!!!
This made me laugh, it was like reading a story from my own life! Alexa is so cute with Emily in nursery, I am glad they can be cute little friends!! And that Jaxon...I still need to get my hands on that kid, he is adorable!
Post a Comment