Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jaxson is 3 months....

Jaxson officially turned 3 months old last Friday. I weighed him on our scales at home and he was 17 pounds...the boy is huge! He takes a bath each morning with Alexa playing in the tub around him. He just sits there...unless of course Alexa pesters him. She likes to put her tub toys all around his head and he just wants to chill, enjoy the water and his knuckles and maybe kick his legs a little. Alexa on the other hand, doesn't ever just sit and chill, so she won't let Jaxson do it for long either.
Yes, Mark does exist...he holds Jaxson every night when he gets home from work. He can't seem to get enough of his little baby boy.
Jaxson is grinning a little in this picture. He actually has a huge open mouthed grin, but I can't seem to catch it on camera. He grins all the time and loves to be talked to. He will talk to anyone who will take the time to get close enough to listen. He laughs right out loud and giggles often.
We got out the exersaucer this past weekend and he loves to sit in it and look around. He only lasts for 10-15 minutes...I think his head and neck get tired.
I love this picture. He is so animated..I am anxious to see his personality emerge as he gets older. He sits in the corner of the chair or couch like this for up to 1/2 hour at a time. There is usually so much going on in the family room, he has plenty to look at. He will just chill, maybe suck on his hand for a while or play with his blanket if he can get a hold of it with his chubby little hand. Aaahhhh....I may just have a mellow, happy baby, who actually demands very little....He is such a joy to be around. He goes to bed around 8:30 pm and sleeps until about 4-5am. He then drinks a bottle and goes back to bed until 7-7:30am. It would be nice if I wasn't getting up with Alexa about 4 times between midnight and 4am. If any of you have great suggestions for getting a 2 year old to sleep all night (she never really has and yes I have tried the cry it out program...several times...it doesn't work, or it lasts for maybe a week), I'd love your ideas. Jaxson finally does O.K. in his car seat so we can actually go grocery shopping again. As long as he can look around, he is happy. What a good baby to end with!

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

That's how Austin was....fat and happy! He was 20 lbs. at 4 months and just a little chub! I loved it! Jaxson is soooo cute! I just love his big eyes....what a doll! enjoy a happy mellow one...you deserve it! :)

Sarah said...

17 pounds! WOW! He has changed a lot since I saw him last.
My sister has an insomniac two year old and her pediatrician suggested melatonin. Its over the counter and she uses it occasionally when he (or she!) really needs a good night sleep. Its worth a shot....

Lorraine said...

Another thing that works great sometimes is using the essential oil, Lavender, on her pillow at night or diffusing it in her room. It worked great with my oldest. Your little guy is getting SO big. I can't believe how fast it goes. Our little Dylan is already 9 lbs. 6 oz. Oh, thank you for linking my blog to yours. You're awesome! I love reading your updates!