Monday, January 26, 2009

Stopping to smell the roses!

(Click on this picture to see it better!!!) O.K., does anyone else out there have a hard time between the hours of when the kids come home from school and dinnertime? I look forward to Meaghan, Nicolle and Gregg coming home from school each day, but at the same time it is so hard to juggle: homework, piano, snacks, reading time, two-year old tantrums, babies and bottles, sometimes naptimes, tween talk, preparing dinner, running kids to activities, playdates...you get the picture. I am sure you all know exactly what I am talking about. Well, today I was in my kitchen and this was the picture I saw and I wanted to freeze this moment forever. Meg was practicing piano, Nicolle was doing her math homework, Gregg was in the recliner doing his 30 minutes of reading, Alexa was playing with play-doh at the table next to Nicolle and Jaxson was in his exersaucer being content. I thought to myself....this is what life is about, these kids doing normal activities, all at different stages of life, but nonetheless, progressing towards their divine potential in this very small way. I love my children, I love being a mom and I hope I always remember this moment and remember to cherish the simple joys in life.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

LOVE THIS POST!! I can relate so well, it's almost as if I was reading about my life between 3:00 and 5:00. I think that's when I get the most run down. I think it's great you took a picture...way to go. I was just saying yesterday to one of my friends that I hate being so busy, I just think life is not supposed to be like that, I really think life is supposed to be just like was portrayed in your picture. You are an awesome mom! By the way, I LOVE playdo, don't love the cleanup but it keeps my 3 year old busy for a very long time.

Micah and Jen said...

That is so wonderful! I agree...those hours are the hardest and I'm just starting to get intot he routine of it all! Beautiful post and thanks for reminding me of what heaven will be like! :)

Highlights said...

That's a great day! I know you're right...we do need to appreciate those moments!

Lorraine said...

These are SO the moments we cherish aren't they? I just wish they happened more often at my house!! I completely agree with your comment about the after school hours. Sometimes I am just proud of myself for making it through!