Thursday, January 8, 2009
A new year!
I never set New Year's resolutions....basically I know I am setting myself up to fail....but I have started something new this year. I have set up on Shutterfly a photo album for each of my kids so that I can add photos to their books all year. Then at the end of the year, I will have them printed up to give to each child for them to remember 2009! I have found that I usually only take pictures of all of them together, or 2 or 3 of them together doing something. I rarely have pictures of them alone so I thought this would help me to focus on each of their individual talents and personalities.....and funny little things that they do. Like....Alexa walking around the house this morning with Nicolle's panties on sideways, (the waist was way too big, so she used a leg whole for the waist) and purple snow boots. When she turned around, half of her little bum was hanging out!
Meaghan started out the year by breaking her arm on New Year's Day. Mark took the three older kids and all four of them took a private snowboard lesson. Needless to say, Meg says she will stick to skiing. Nicolle and Gregg loved snowboarding and will probably stick with it. Meg's arm is only soft casted and should heal in 3-4 weeks so it isn't too bad....and she can still dance.
I started back running this week...I am sore. I took off 3 weeks after Jaxson was born and then went 3 times a week in November, at which time I found myself so sleep-deprived that I took all of December off. Jaxson is now sleeping most of the night. He gets up at 4-5am for a bottle so I am getting a little more sleep.
Well, here's to a great New Year.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love that idea. Wish it would have been around when my kids were growing up. Maybe I'll do it for myself though! Thanks for the idea :)
Yay for more sleep! And this is a great idea....you will be so glad you did this next January when you get them printed! I do this too and it's wonderful!
Post a Comment