Friday, April 17, 2009

Meaghan

I need to take a moment to dedicate a whole post to Meaghan. She really is my most quiet child and the old adage, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" really does apply in our house. Meg feels so deprived most days. Which she is not, just isn't so loud in her demands. So I wanted to share a few really awesome things about Meg and what's going on in her life right now. First I want to say what a trooper and a great help she was to me on our plane trip to Maine and back to Idaho again. She willingly got all of our luggage on the little cart things and got it checked in for us at the Salt Lake airport. Good thing she is strong! Then on the plane she was such a wonderful second mama! She sat with Alexa, Jaxson and I and passed the two little ones back and forth with me as was needed. She entertained Alexa, rocked Jaxson, fed Alexa snacks, tickled Jaxson all the while talking and laughing with me about the antics that were going on with all 4 of her younger siblings. I sometimes hate to see my kids growing up, but I do enjoy the adult conversations Meg and I can have now. While we were in Maine, Meaghan received her 3rd quarter report card and she got all A's again. She works so hard at her school work. She is very conscientious and actually did not have a great lower than a 95! Way to go Meg. She has also started running track this spring. She participated in her first track meet last week. She ran 100 meter hurdles (those hurdles are tall!!!), the 100 meter dash and the 4x100 relay. She came in 2nd, 3rd or 4th in all of her races. Not too shabby for a 7th grader running with 7th and 8th graders. So, Meaghan, we love you. Keep up the good work. You are so talented in so many areas. Follow your dreams.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, she sounds like such a great girl, but with a momma like you, I can't imagine she'd be anything but. Way to go Meaghan with your great grades and excellent start in track! Isn't it nice to have an extremely helpful, responsible, 1st child to act as the 2nd mom from time to time? What would we do without them!

Sean and Shannon said...

I'm glad that we have Meaghan in our life too. She is a great freind to O'Shann and I appreciate that freindship. She is awesome and we love her!

The Duguay Family said...

Meg-You are wonderful and beautiful and talented and I wish you lived closer so you and Sage could be more involved in each other's lives. Love you! Aunt Vic

Micah and Jen said...

She is such an amazing girl and was one of my most favorite to call on when we were both in primary! I truely love this girl and all she is about. I hear from my niece about how great Meaghan is to everyone at school and just what a great girl she is! You are a lucky mom to have her for your 1st kiddo!

christa said...

She is a beautiful girl inside and out. How lucky you and Mark are to have such a great "oldest." Love the pics. I was wondering if she could do some "training" with Ava!