The 5 kids and I spent our Spring break in Maine visiting my family. We had a great time. Grammie and Grandpa always treat us so well....they take such great care of us when we visit them. We had lots of fun with my sister Vicki, her husband Mike and my niece and nephew, Sage and Chase. I also have aunts, uncles and cousins that I love visiting with when I am in Maine. The tradition is to sit around the dining room table while the adults drink coffee (or tea or diet coke or whatever) and we eat lots of yummy treats!!! And talk and talk and talk! Not good for the health....but great for the soul!
The plane trip was an experience. We left Blackfoot at 5:30am and drove to Salt Lake, parked the car, took a shuttle to the airport, checked in 5 bags with the airline, took our 5 carry-ons, 5 kids, 1 adult and unloaded everything to go through security, then finally made it to our gate! We changed planes twice and then arrived in Portland, Maine at 10:45pm. Whew...I was exhausted. Miss Alexa was a handful and my little chunk Jaxson was a sweetie, but so heavy to carry around! I was so glad to see my parents at the bottom of the escalator at the Portland airport! We collected our bags, stopped for a drink and donuts (and potty) and drove the 1 1/2 hours to my parents home, arriving around 2am! I am usually a pretty sane person, but I think this bordered on insanity!!!! We made it though! Here are some fun things we did.....
*Snowshoeing with Grandpa
*Playing in the snow with cousins
*Driving Grandpas jeep
*Feeding the birds
*Swimming
*Shopping
*Easter egg hunt (thanks to Grammie)
*Building "stuff" in Grandpas wood shop
*Eating great food made by Grammie
*Visiting Aunt Vicki's kindergarten classroom
*Eating school lunch with Chase
*Movies

3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I love the east coast and would LOVE to live there again someday! I never made it all the way up to Maine....one of the few states I have been too....hopefully someday I will go...hopefully in the fall!:)
I love the title, The Maine Event. It definitely was an event, miss you lots. It was a great week and I'm so glad you came home, even though I know it was hard to travel with Alexa and Jaxson. Love you guys!
What a fun trip! You are amazing to brave it alone with all the kids, it sounded absolutely exhausting. Packing babies around is no easy task.
Post a Comment