Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our new kitten - BELLA

For any of you familiar with our family....we have had a cat that we got as a kitten right after Mark and I were married. The story is: Mark hates cats, I wanted a baby...he didn't...so we compromised and bought a cat that Mark named Spaz. She wasn't the nicest cat, very temperamental and prone to biting if you did something she didn't like. Well, we managed to keep that cat around for almost 17 years...sadly Spaz died 1 week ago. Although, Mark was thrilled not sad at all!!!!
Nicolle loves animals, especially cats, so we brought home one of our neighbors kittens the day after Spaz died. Mark again isn't thrilled but at least he says he can get rid of this one in a little over 7 years (that is when Nicolle will go off to college, haha.) This little kitten has allowed all of the kids to pester her and seems to enjoy the company. So...welcome Bella!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

we love kitties too....and 17 years! wow! That is an old kitty! I bet the kid LOVE having a cat they can play with now! :)
PS--the more you tell me about Nicolle the more I think we are so similar me and that girl! :)

The Duguay Family said...

Bella is adorable. Sorry about Spaz. What a tough old cat!!!